FINANCE AND ACCOUNTANCY MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
HQ-based field accounting referent
Coordinating and supervising the accounting of the mission (accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc.) according to the instructions of the Finance Coordinator, and in compliance with legal obligations and MSF standards and protocols in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the mission. |
- Being responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission e.g. cash procedures, bank accounts, receipts and supporting documents, electronic data entry, consolidation of overall mission accounting, monthly closing process and documents, ensuring strict respect of deadlines and strict compliance to MSF guidelines, financial standards and procedures.
- Coordinating and overseeing the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, and reporting the mission's accounting statement through monthly and weekly reports, in order to verify the evolution of project finances and provide information about them
- Being responsible for the financial management of donor contracts e.g. preparing and verifying the financial reports to donors, following up and analysing the need for amendments. Ensuring reporting conditions are met and stakeholders in the mission are informed of their responsibilities (for example, logistics for stock inventory, quotes)
- Coordinating and overseeing the payment of tax liabilities in order to comply with legal obligations.
- Coordinating and supervising the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve people's capabilities
- Is the technical reference for any accounting-related issue including compliance with MSF financial standards and procedures, legal compliance, training and support on the MSF accounting software / system
- When required, briefing all staff involved, on specific accountancy management (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc).
- Essential solid accountancy training and experience-professional accounting qualification.
- Desirable University degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
Essential 4 years previous experience in similar relevant position jobs. In OCBA, essential 2 years of previous experience is similar relevant positions
Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Local accounting standards, Desirable MSF accounting software, ERP system knowledge, local laws.
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3