Reports to (Hierarchical)
Administration Manager or HRCo
Reports to (Functional)
Administration Manager or HRCo. Close collaboration with the person for whom translation (oral or written) is done.
Perform oral and written translation, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective and fluent communication between MSF staff and local population.
- Translate documents from / to mission language into a local one upon request.
- Translate discussions / meetings as requested
- Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
- Ensure confidentiality of all translation is maintained as directed by the Mission/Project coordination team.
- Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
- Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
- Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate.
- Essential secondary education.
- Desirable official translator degree (Mission working language)
Previous working experience required. Desirable with MSF or other NGOs
Mission and local languages essential.
Desirable computer literacy (word)