DEPUTY LOGISTICS TEAM LEADER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Supporting the Logistics Team Leader through delegated tasks and responsibilities, replacing him/her in his/her absence and participating in the correct planning, implementation and monitoring of the logistics activities and programs in the project, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to contribute to the proper development of the mission and to optimize the impact of the medical projects
- Participating actively in defining, implementing and monitoring logistics activities and when needed, the logistics operational priorities, according to MSF project plan, standards and protocols.
- Supporting the Logistics Team Leader in the development of the policies, annual plans, proposals, and budget review, as well as in exploratory missions/situation assessments according to the resources, procedures and tools defined in order to facilitate achievement of the operational objectives
- Supporting the Logistics Team Leader in the implementation and monitoring of one or more/all of the following activities:
- Supply: Implementation and maintenance of an appropriate supply chain for the Project.
Installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in the project in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required,
Management of the logistics of the material resources for the Project, under the supervision of the line manager and the technical adviser
Implementation of support activities (communications, electricity, transport, construction, restoration, etc.) and any other logistical activities required to achieve the medical objectives
Implementation, management and monitoring of the application of necessary reporting tools for logistic activities
- WHS: implementation of the water, health and sanitation activities
- Providing support in coordinating, organizing, supervising and coaching the logistics team members in order to improve the logistics components of the project
- Providing support in planning and supervising the associated HR processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the logistics staff of the project in order to improve people capabilities and ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Supporting the Logistics Team Leader in the implementation of the technical choices, policies and logistics procedures defined by the line manager in the Project Security Policy, ensuring compliance and the correct use and maintenance of tools and documents for logistical monitoring.
- Essential Secondary Education
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries, managing large teams.
- Desirable previous experience in emergencies
- Essential mission language, local language desirable
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3