PROJECT MEDICAL REFERENT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Participates in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the project in accordance with MSF's protocols as well as coordinates human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by MSF
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the rest of team, the Medical Coordinator and MoH partners, defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to MSF project plans, standards and protocols. Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors. Ensures regular contact with MoH and other local medical actors
- Is responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination in the capital in order to ensure a proper monitoring of the program
- Provides technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of MSF medical activities.
- Coordinates, supervises, coaches, supports and evaluates the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with MSF protocols and standards as well as MoH protocols.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the Project Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication) of the medical staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staff capabilities.
- Supervises an efficient management of the MSF field pharmacy and medical equipment, in collaboration with the Logistics department and project biomedical service and in consideration of program directions and protocol changes. Monitors consumption and preparation of medical orders to provide drugs, medical materials, medical devices and consumables at all circumstances and avoid stock shortage.
- Implements the health policy for international and national staff, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans, managing any medical evacuation in order to ensure MSF staff health.
Medical doctor or paramedical degree. Desirable specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies (for OCB, OCBA, this is essential too)
Essential 2 year working experience related to the diploma/degree and previous experience in MSF in the field
Essential mission language, local language desirable
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L3
- Results and Quality Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L3