PROJECT COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Reports to (Hierarchical)
support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of
coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and
national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and
follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure
the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
Desirable, university degree.
Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
Mission working language and local language(s) essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Stress Management