SUPPLY CHAIN COORDINATOR
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Reports to (Functional)
Head of Mission / Log - Supply HQ Referent
Designing and guaranteeing the implementation of a responsive, agile and efficient supply chain that has the ability to meet the changing needs of medical operations and deliver the right quality products on time at the right place
Defining standards, policies and strategies according to MSF protocols, in order to enable the development of the mission and optimize the impact of the medical projects
- Participating actively in the definition and monitoring of the annual project planning and budgets
- Participating actively in defining the Emergency response strategy in terms of supply (HR Set-up, Procurement strategy, Simplified procedure…),.and translating the identified needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention
- Responsible for defining, implementing and revising the supply strategy of the mission together with the coordination team according to the mission’s context and the operational needs, in line with MSF’s protocols, policies and guidelines
- Responsible for monitoring the efficient implementation of the overall supply procedures (demand planning, procurement, importations and exportations, warehousing, distribution and transversal activities) and the use of tools to support the different supply activities, proposing adjustments when needed
- Responsible for anticipating risks linked to the supply chain, defining action plan to mitigate those risks and implement it through a long-term strategy involving specialists (finance, legal…)
- Responsible for the stability of supply activities within regular and emergency intervention of the concerned projects
- Responsible for performing regular assessment of the supply chain (including field visit), ensuring that permanent support to the direct and indirect supply stakeholders is available and defining adjustments when necessary.
- Final responsible for validating the use of the supply related third parties (suppliers, transport companies, freight forwarders, etc.) together with the technical referents when needed
- Representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs
- Act as a focal point for definition, planning and implementation of intersection projects (mutualization, integrations, merging) and ensuring communication with various stakeholders and Participating in the drafting / revision of the MoU / SLA of the mission.
- Responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, division of task, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for.
- Responsible for the proper flow of communication within the mission (supply teams, Op, Med and support dpts) and with external stakeholders (suppliers, ESC, authorities…)
- Analyzing supply chain activities through reporting and KPI while proactively communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders and proposing corrective and preventive actions
Overall responsible for the quality and accuracy of data linked to the supply chain as well as the availability and optimization of mission Supply chain guidelines and SOPs.
Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain.
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs and previous hu-manitarian experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipments and kits in accordance to the nature of the project).
Mission language essential; local language desirable
- Strategic Vision L2
- Leadership L2
- People Management and Development L3
- Service Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L4