Reports to (Hierarchical)
Nutrition Supervisor (if any) / Nutrition Activity Manager
Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up for children suffering from severe malnutrition, according to MSF TFP (ITFC/ATFC/SFP) protocols, universal hygienic standards and other procedures, in order to ensure a good delivery of care and improve their nutritional conditions.
- Implementing and following at all times the universal hygiene standards, security rules and other protocols and procedures regarding nursing and children nutrition matters.
- Ensuring proper functioning of the Therapeutic Program. This includes:
- Daily collecting the number of new admissions and exits and to check the attendance
- Calculating the quantity of food needed for the day based on the number of children registered
- Ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor if necessary.
- Carrying-out all patient’s related tasks for the admission, weighing and measuring the children, identifying the degree and types of malnutrition, administration (patient card, register,..) etc.
- Ensuring that medical and nutritional care is properly delivered to the patients and to daily follow the evolution of the patients.
- Carrying-out consultations to children and their parents, undertaking a complete clinical examination of children, looking for associated pathologies, drawing up nutritional surveillance forms and milk cards, providing required vaccination, etc.
- Carrying-out surveillance and follow-up of patients’ medical and nutritional evolution, identifying possible emergency situations arising and keeping doctors informed if necessary.
- Providing advice and inform children’s families about everything concerning the hospitalization, participate in the health education of the mothers and/or treatment process.
- Controlling all pharmacy, food, and medical equipment (carrying out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.)
- Carrying-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases arising.
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
Nursing diploma with nutritional training essential.
Previous experience required. Experience in MSF or other NGO’s and /or in developing countries desirable.
Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.