PROJECT FINANCE MANAGER
Reports to (Hierarchical)
Coordinating and supervising the implementation of the Finance procedures & tools and ensuring the correct use of Financial Resources at project level according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the project
- Implementing circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank reconciliations) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implementing and supervising transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), according to MSF guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place.
- Ensuring the timely execution and control of the monthly and yearly accountancy closure, with due quality.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Finance Coordinator, defining, analysing and following-up the project budget, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and proposing corrective action if needed.
- Ensuring financial reporting of the Project (Field financial software)monthly closure, sitreps, external donors, etc.)
- In close collaboration with the FINCO, following up all service contracts in project site (premise and vehicle rental contracts, deposits, rent payments, etc.) Ensuring that MSF staff who have financial responsibilities are aware of and comply with local finance procedures, including those related to security .
- Desirable, degree in finance, management (business) or administration
- Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar jobs
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs, in developing countries